• What cookies are
• Why cookies are used
• Which specific cookies are used and why
What cookies are
A cookie is a small text file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. Both IMPA Consumables and other parties can place cookies. Cookies do not store personal information about you, are not harmful to your computer and are automatically deleted when the expiry time has expired.
Why cookies are used
We also place cookies on your computer to prevent you from seeing a certain advertisement too often and to record the number of times an advertisement is displayed. These cookies are not linked to a profile about you.
With your consent we also place “tracking cookies” on your computer. We use these cookies to keep track of which pages you visit and / or to keep track of preferences, in order to build up a profile of your online behavior. This profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address or other personal data. These cookies are used to analyze your behavior and / or to remember your preferences regarding a survey on a specific topic. The cookies ensure that certain software (see below) can function, so that we are able to improve our website and our service. This way we ensure an optimal experience of our website.
Which specific cookies are used and why
Functional cookies: Cookies that ensure that the website functions properly.
We use functional cookies for:
• Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket while shopping online.
• Remembering information that you enter on the various pages during checkout or ordering, so that you do not have to enter all your data again
• Passing information from one page to the next page, for example if you have to fill in a lot of data when ordering online
• Saving preferences, such as the language, location, the desired number of search results, etc.
• Reading your browser settings in order to optimally display our website on your screen
• Offering the possibility to save log-in data so that you do not have to enter it every time
• Being able to determine which version of the website you will see
Statistics / analysis – cookies with which we can measure the use of the website
To determine which parts of the website are the most interesting, we continuously monitor the use of the website.
Statistics are generated from the information we collect. These statistics give us insight into how often our web page is visited, where exactly visitors spend the most time, and so on. This enables us to make the structure, navigation and content of the website as user-friendly as possible for you. We do not reduce the statistics and other reports to persons.
• Track the number of visitors on the website and our web pages
• Keep track of the amount of time that each visitor spends on our web pages
• Determining the order in which a visitor visits the different pages of Limanisupply.com
• Assessing which parts of our site need adjustment
• Optimizing the website
Advertisements – cookies for displaying advertisements
IMPA Consumables focuses on the sale of products. To stimulate sales, we place advertisements at various other websites. We try to make the ads as relevant as possible. Advertising space is purchased from media agencies and advertising networks. They act as intermediaries between website owners and advertisers.
The cookies allow that:
• You can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen to prevent you from seeing the same thing
• It is possible to keep track of how many visitors click on the advertisement for settlement with the party from which the advertising space is purchased
• It is possible to keep track of how many orders take place via the advertisement for settlement with the party from which the advertising space is purchased
Interests – cookies to adapt the website to the needs of the visitor.
Our goal is to provide visitors of the website with information that is as relevant as possible. That is why we try to adapt our site to every visitor as much as possible. We do this not only through the content of our website, but also through the advertisements that are displayed outside the website.
In order to be able to make these adjustments, we try to get an idea of your probable interests based on your visit to IMPA Consumablesnl. Based on these interests, we adapt the content and offers on IMPA Consumablesnl for different groups of customers.
Third parties who place cookies via our website can also try to find your interests in this way. The information about your current visit can in that case be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
If such cookies are not used then this does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements from us. In that case, the ads are no longer tailored to your interests.
These cookies enable:
• The websites register your visit to make an estimate of your interests
• You can check whether you have clicked on an ad
• Information about your surfing behavior is passed on to other websites
• Use is made of third party services to be able to show advertisements to you
• Use of more interesting advertisements based on your social media usage
Other / unforeseen cookies
Because of the way in which the internet and websites work, it may be that we do not always have insight into the cookies that third parties place via our website. This is especially the case if our web pages contain so-called embedded elements; these are texts, documents, pictures or films that are stored with another party, but which are shown on, in or via our website.
Should you encounter cookies on this website that fall into this category and that we have not mentioned above, please let us know. Or contact the third party directly and ask which cookies they put, what the reason is, what the lifespan of the cookie is and how they have guaranteed your privacy.
You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of your data. See our contact page for this. To prevent abuse we can ask you to identify you adequately. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, you need to send a copy of the cookie in question.
By default, most browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome) are set up so that your websites allow cookies to be stored on your computer. How you can adjust your settings differs per browser. If necessary, consult the help function of your browser.
Note: disabling cookies only affects the computer and browser on which you perform this operation. If you use multiple computers and / or browsers, you must repeat this operation as often as necessary.
Be aware that if you do not want cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our website is working properly. It is possible that some functions of the site are lost or even that you can not see certain websites at all. In addition, refusing cookies does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements. The ads are then no longer tailored to your interests and are repeated more often.
This document was last updated on 1st September 2019